The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for managing and supporting the organization's IT infrastructure, providing executive support, overseeing projects, and maintaining vendor relations. Additionally, this role includes the responsibility of monitoring for security events and working with vendors to manage security-related concerns on social media.
- Executive Support: Provide high-quality IT support to company executives, ensuring the seamless and secure operation of technological systems in all business settings.
- Technology Deployment & Configuration: Install and configure IT hardware, systems, and applications, incorporating appropriate security measures.
- Infrastructure Services Management: Maintain and support core infrastructure services such as O365/Exchange, Active Directory/Azure AD, Cisco Meraki, and G Suite, with an emphasis on secure and efficient operations.
- System Implementation & Evaluation: Oversee the deployment and integration of new systems, including conducting security assessments as part of the evaluation process.
- Security Monitoring: Assist in monitoring the IT environment for security events using third-party tools, and coordinate with vendors to address any security or impostor issues related to the company’s social media presence.
- Maintenance & Technical Support: Perform regular maintenance of hardware and systems, and provide technical support to staff, addressing any issues promptly, including those related to security.
- Documentation & Procedures: Develop and keep up-to-date support documentation and procedures, with an inclusion of security response protocols.
- Project Management & Vendor Relations: Manage IT projects from inception to completion and maintain relationships with vendors, ensuring all engagements include security considerations.
- Team Collaboration & Advocacy: Contribute as a proactive member of the IT team, stay informed about the latest technology and security trends, and represent the infrastructure team's objectives and requirements.
- Security Awareness: Maintain an understanding of IT security monitoring and response and apply this knowledge to the IT support role.
- Technical Proficiency: Demonstrate expertise in managing IT infrastructure with the ability to incorporate security practices into daily operations.
- Vendor Collaboration: Effectively collaborate with vendors to monitor and mitigate security risks, particularly in relation to social media activities.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Utilize problem-solving abilities to address technical challenges promptly and efficiently.
The role requires sedentary work but also involves physical activities such as lifting and moving computer servers, printers, and other IT equipment as needed.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time, exempt position, with working hours primarily Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5pm. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- At least 5 years of IT support experience with exposure to IT security practices.
- Familiarity with infrastructure services and social media security measures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration.
- Ability to travel as required for vendor interactions and on-site support.
· Licensed and insured driver with current California driver’s license and able to maintain a clean driving record.
- Full-time position, with the occasional need for extra hours to address urgent issues or meet project deadlines and conference schedules.
- In-office and some remote work, requiring adaptability to various work environments and the ability to handle physical tasks involving IT equipment.
Candidates interested in this role should submit a resume and a cover letter to Recruiting@pastorrick.com that emphasizes their experience in IT support, executive support, understanding of security monitoring, and ability to manage vendor relationships within a corporate IT setting.